A list of required documents for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy appears below.
- Statement of Compliance With Credit Counseling Requirement—Exhibit D
- Certificate of Financial Counseling Briefing and related documents.
- Statement of Military Service.
- Statement of Social Security Number. Do NOT file electronically.
- Notice to Individual Debtor with Primarily Consumer Debts.
- Statement Describing Compensation Paid to Bankruptcy Petition Preparer [if applicable].
- Declaration and Signature of Non-Attorney Bankruptcy Petition Preparer [if applicable]. File with the petition.
- Notice to Debtor by Bankruptcy Petition Preparer [if applicable].
- Statement of Current Monthly Income and Disposable Income Calculation.
- Summary of Schedules.
- Schedule A—Real Property.
- Schedule B—Personal Property.
- Schedule C—Property Claimed as Exempt.
- Schedule D—Creditors Holding Secured Claims.
- Schedule E—Creditors Holding Unsecured Priority Claims.
- Schedule F—Creditors Holding Unsecured Nonpriority Claims.
- Schedule G—Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases.
- Schedule H—Codebtors.
- Schedule I—Current Income of Individual Debtors.
- Schedule J—Current Expenditures of Individual Debtors.
- Declaration Concerning Debtor’s Schedules.
- Statement of Financial Affairs.
- Master Mailing List (Matrix).
- Disclosure of Attorney’s Compensation Statement [file within 14 days of filing the petition].
- Pay stubs of wages received 60 days prior to filing [file within 14 days of filing petition].
- Plan [file with the Petition or within 14 days thereafter].
- Certificate of Completion of Financial Management Course [file before the last payment under the plan or Motion for Discharge].
- Statement of anticipated changes in income and expenses over 12-month period [file with Statement of Financial Affairs].
- Annual Statement.
- Statement Concerning Pending Proceedings regarding homestead exemption as described in §522(q)(1). [If debtor has claimed exemptions under state or local law as described in §522(b)(3) in excess of $146,450.] (File no later than the date of last payment under the plan or motion for discharge.)
- Tax returns for the 4-year period prior to filing the petition [file before the first meeting of creditors].
"He went far above & beyond what was expected!"- Nita F.
"I had an excellent experience working with Thad Murphy and his amazing staff."- Rhonda B.
"Great answers to questions and quick to get ahold of."- R.G.
"Great service and fair prices."- Julia T.
Free Initial Case Evaluation
Local Iowa Attorneys - We Understand YOU
Over 60 Years Of Combined Experienced
We Advocate For Our Clients