What documents are required to file for bankruptcy under Chapter 12?
Filing for bankruptcy is a document-intensive process. A list of the documents required to file for bankruptcy under Chapter 12 appears below. In addition to these documents, local court rules may require other forms that are not listed here. You should always check your local rules or consult with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer to ensure that you have filed all the necessary documents to complete your petition. For petitioners (i.e., debtors) engaged in a farming or fishing operation, the following documents are required:
- Petition (see §543.3)
- Statement of Compliance With Credit Counseling Requirement—Exhibit D [if individual]
- Notice to Individual Consumer Debtor [if individual]
- Notice to Debtor by Bankruptcy Petition Preparer [if applicable]
- Statement Disclosing Compensation Paid or to be Paid to a “Bankruptcy Petition Preparer” [if applicable]
- Certificate of Credit Counseling and Debt Repayment Plan [if individual] (file with Exhibit D)
- Statement of Military Service
- Copies of pay stubs for the previous 60 days before filing [if individual]
- Statement of Social Security Number
- Summary of Schedules
- Schedule A—Real Property
- Schedule B—Personal Property
- Schedule C—Property Claimed as Exempt [if individual; corporations and partnerships insert “none” on the form]
- Schedule D—Creditors Holding Secured Claims
- Schedule E—Creditors Holding Unsecured Priority Claims
- Schedule F—Creditors Holding Unsecured Nonpriority Claims
- Schedule G—Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases
- Schedule H—Codebtors
- Statement of Financial Affairs
- Schedules I and J—Current Income and Expenditures of Individual Debtors [if individual]
- Schedule of Income and Expenditures [corporate and partnership debtors]
- Declaration Concerning Debtor’s Schedules
- Statement of Financial Affairs [questions 1-17 for individual debtors; questions 1-25 for corporate and partnership debtors]
- Disclosure of Attorney’s Compensation Statement [file within 14 days of the order for relief]
- Statement Concerning Pending Proceedings Regarding Homestead Exemption [if individual has claimed exemptions under state or local law in excess of $146,450] (File no later than the date of last payment under the plan or motion for discharge)
- Copies of pay stubs for 60 days prior to filing [if individual] (File within 14 days of filing the petition)
- Master Mailing List (Matrix)
- Chapter 12 Plan (File within 90 days of filing the petition)
"He went far above & beyond what was expected!"- Nita F.
"I had an excellent experience working with Thad Murphy and his amazing staff."- Rhonda B.
"Great answers to questions and quick to get ahold of."- R.G.
"Great service and fair prices."- Julia T.
Free Initial Case Evaluation
Local Iowa Attorneys - We Understand YOU
Over 60 Years Of Combined Experienced
We Advocate For Our Clients